Saturday, January 18, 2014

Chili Thai Restaurant - Columbus Review


Chili Thai Restaurant - Columbus


One of our veggie friends had been raving about Chili Thai, which I had been to years ago and I wanted to try it again. 

So over the holiday break, we decided to introduce my parents to Thai food at Chili Thai in Columbus, Ga. The reviews: It was AMAZING! Seriously can I get some of this food now?



Just looking at this picture makes me drool. I mean it was so good that I didn't realize I had forgotten to snap a picture until about half way through. This was the drunken noodles with tofu (yes you can substitute tofu even though it is not on the menu), with three chili peppers and I still asked for extra sauce. 

The most important tip I can give you is to get the homemade spice sauce. I don't remember what it was called, but it was light colored and delicious. I almost licked the bowl clean. I even remarked without even realizing it to the waiter "this sh** is good!" And it was... It so was.

An added bonus, the restaurant owner is veggie, and is very conscientious of veggies. Just let your server know and they will modify almost any meal. Plus most of the meals can be made with tofu instead of meat. 

Delicious food, veg-friendly, veggie owner, decent prices, did I mention good food? The only bad thing about this place is it is in Columbus and I'm in Macon. That's ok. It just means plenty of trips to Chili Thai when I am in Columbus!

2 comments:

  1. One of the bonuses at Chili Thai is that they actually cook to order so it guarantees that special orders are just that - all of the soups can be made vegetarian so there are no mystery chicken broth bases that are found in other soups that are touted as vegetarian. As I buried myself in drunken noodles with tofu last night I thought about you guys.....but only for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they would make soups vegetarian. That is great!

      Buried in drunken noodles.... that sounds so delicious right now. I got extra sauce the last time we were at Chili Thai and I have been rationing it. I am now getting close to licking the containers clean! ;)

      Delete