Friday, January 24, 2014

Review of Dough Bakery delicious treats

Whenever I travel to Atlanta, I try to make it a point to stop by Dough Bakery. Why? Well good food, atmosphere, and wonderful entertaining owners....

Dough Bakery at the Atlanta Vegfest 11/9/2013

So on the way back from speaking at a hospital today, I decided to make a detour on the way home. And oh man it was well worth dealing with the downtown Atlanta traffic.

Let's take a look at what is in the case today...

+DoughBakery case of delicious desserts 1/24/14


Wow! Can I have three of everything?!? I mean this is bruinner (breakfast/lunch/dinner), which means I should probably eat some of the deli food too.


Score! That is pimento cheese in the case. I have been wanting to try this for a while now. Plus a grilled pimento cheese sandwich sounds really good. I asked the lady behind the counter and she said sure I can make that for you. Then she started asking me what else I would want on it, and I asked her to use her creative license, and this was the result:

Pimento grilled cheese with tempeh bacon, lettuce, tomato, and sriracha sauce on rye bread. 

The picture doesn't due the sandwich justice. It was spicy and gooey cheesy, while not being too spicy. I am so glad I saw the pimento cheese and really happy the lady used her creative foodie skills to make this killer sandwich.

Of course I couldn't have a sandwich without a dessert or two...

Mexican chocolate chip cookie and pumpkin whoopie pie

They are right... A pumpkin whoopie pie does fix everything. 

The atmosphere is also nice and inviting with comfy chairs, couches, good music, and free wifi. The only downsides are parking, and there is no Dough Bakery in Macon. That's ok, I will just have to stop by anytime I am nearby... Even if it is still 20 miles out of the way ;)

Oh and don't worry, I picked up some desserts to take home to Jonathan.... If they survive the car ride home!


Here are a few pictures from previous visits:
Photo
Photo
Roast beef sandwich, potato salad, and chocolate peanut butter cupcake. I don't remember the date.

Dough Bakery also makes special items during the holidays:
Dough bakery carving the holiday "ham" at the Atlanta Vegfest 11/9/2013

So stop by and enjoy a delicious vegan meal at +Doughbakery in Atlanta. 

Note: All items at +Doughbakery are vegan.

 Also they are closed on Mondays :( but open other days with homemade treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment