Saturday, March 8, 2014

Vitamix Review

Back in early January, we bought a Vitamix. I must admit, I have been wanting a Vitamix for a while now. I originally did not want to spend the large amount of cash on a blender, but after our Ninja started having issues blending cashews and other items we decided it was time to investigate a new blender. 

At first, we looked at the new professional series Ninja. Then we compared the Blendtec to the Vitamix. It was a difficult decision, but in the end we bought a refurbished Vitamix. 

Photo




So what was one of the first things I made with the Vitamix? Well a green smoothie of course!





Ingredients: Kale, peanut butter, ground flax seeds, frozen bananas, and water. 

PhotoPhoto

I highly suggest layering your smoothies in the Viatmix to make for easier cleanup. See how I have the peanut butter at the top... yeah I don't recommend that at all. Last time I made a smoothie, I put the water, peanut butter and flax seed in first. Then I packed in the kale and on the top was the frozen bananas. This made it much easier to mix up the items and not have as much stick to the side of the container. 
Photo
Blend until spinach is pulverized!
Photo
Like the top? Reused top of soy milk carton. 


Then blend until you reach desired consistency and flavor. Look at all the yummy green smoothie! It looks like Vulcan blood :) 

The Vitamix does a great job. I will say it does sound like a jet engine taking off in my kitchen, but the noise only lasts for a few minutes. I also like that it is really easy clean-up. Before I was using a juicer and then the Ninja to make smoothies. It took longer, I was cleaning up two machines, and I never used the leftover pulp like I intended. Good intentions, but never got around to it. 

I am still experiementing with the Vitamix and trying out new recipes. Actually, my husband made a great soup with the blender the other night: 


I wish I could give you the instructions and ingredients for this potato soup that he made because it was absolutely delicious. The problem is he just threw it together. I know it included 3 kinds of potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, and other spices but I don't know the proportions or rest of the ingredients. It was absolutely the best potato soup I have ever had hands down. Plus, the Vitamix made for an easy clean-up!

As we experiment more with the Vitamix, I will post more recipes and an updated review on here. So far, it is worth the investment. 







No comments:

Post a Comment