Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Review: Mellow Mushroom Macon Georgia

It has been a while since I have posted a restaurant review, but that doesn't mean I haven't visited several restaurants. I have several pictures from previous visits that I will post with reviews soon.



Up first, Mellow Mushroom in Macon, Ga



The great thing about Mellow Mushroom is they have several options for vegetarians and vegans! The restaurant is often a welcome sight for people traveling through the heart of Georgia considering the limited veggie options. The restaurant has been added to Happy Cow, and I am excited to see someone else has posted a review. As the other reviewer notes, it is a great road trip stop. It is also great for veggies in town to have a veggie option.

As the menu states, they do offer vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh, and other veggie options. I have been here several times but as usual... I normally eat my food and then remember to take pictures.... opps! 

Sometimes I venture out and order the Portobello and Vegan Cheese Hoagie, or the Mega Veggie Pizza; however, I often order the House Calzone with vegan cheese. I mean look at this yummy goodness...



 This picture was from this past weekend in celebration of National Vegan Pizza Day. It was an excellent calzone that was packed full of veggies. See how they ooze out of the calzone with the vegan cheese.


So a couple of notes about this restaurant. While they do offer vegan cheese, tofu, tempeh, etc. you still must make sure to tell them not to include Parmesan or butter on the items. Then when the item comes out make sure to check it before digging in to the food. I have, on occasions, had the calzone come out with butter and Parmesan on top of it. The kitchen quickly remedied the situation, but it is no fun to get all the way home with a carry-out order to find out you cannot eat it. 

The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice and everyone is very welcoming... just be careful playing around the mystic ball playground...

So while Mellow Mushroom is not a unique pizza place since it is a chain that is found in many locations, it is still a welcome sight in a place with few veggie options. If you are driving through Macon it is right off I-75 and very accessible. Perhaps soon I will find some local pizza places in Macon or Columbus area to review. Anyone have any suggestions?

~Alisha

No comments:

Post a Comment